There of lots of exciting things happening at MCC, and I thought I would just share a few of them with you:
- This week we launched our new and improved website over at mcconline.org. Check it out and let me know what you think.
- We are going Christmas caroling this year! Join us on December 21, at 6pm, as we spread some holiday cheer in our community. We will meet at MCC at 6pm, go caroling, and then head back to MCC for refreshments.
- This week we have been talking a lot about our annual Christmas eve candle-light service. I hope you can join us on December 24 at 6pm.
- In January, MCC will be partnering with Feeding America to bring the “Backpack Program” to Butler County. This is an AMAZING opportunity for our church to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community!
- Also in January, we will be launching a new weekly ministry environment called “Family Ministry Night.” Each Wednesday we will have small groups in homes for youth and adults, and groups for children, which will be meeting at MCC.
This Sunday is the third week of Advent, the Sunday of Joy. If you have missed a message in our “Rediscover” series, you can download or listen to past messages here.
Our passage for this Sunday, if you want to read ahead, is Luke 2v8-11 [TNIV]:
“And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”