Happy Monday! Can those two words even be put together?
I hope everyone had a great weekend. To be honest, it was a whirlwind…and I only wish it would have lasted longer.
Here are a few highlights:
- Friday was my birthday. I spent the day relaxing and reading at home.
- Friday night Carla and I went to Russellville with some friends to watch Butler Co. play. Before the game we went to Roy’s BBQ. I love Roy’s! They have the best fried pickles I have ever tasted.
- The football game was a nail-biter. We were tied with Russelville 7-7 at the end of regulation. The game went into three over-time periods before it was decided. Unfortunately, we lost 28-21. The Bears take on Edmonson Co. next week at home.
- Saturday we went to breakfast at Bob Evans. I ate way too much. You should try their crapes…very good.
- Saturday afternoon our church had a flag football tournament. I played QB, and did ok in spite of my bum ankle, which is doing well. My team lost both games to last second touchdowns.
- Sunday we had a guest teacher, Rick Roepke. It was great to get to hang out with him, and to have a Sunday off from teaching. But I am so ready to get back into it next week!
- Last night we got to spend some time with some friends who were in town for a visit. They are in a band and the BG was on their tour stop. Check out more about HuDost here.
All in all, it was a pretty great weekend! How did you spend your weekend?
Hope all is well.